Experience & Qualifications
- 3 Years and above of hands-on Hotel Revenue Management experience.
- A strong command of both written and spoken English is required; additional languages an asset.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Hotel Management, Tourism or Economic Studies.
- Highly computer literate with a high level command of Excel.
Implement revenue management strategies and processes in our client hotels, in order to optimize and maximize its revenues.
Scope of Work
- Implement revenue management operations, procedures and best practices.
- Identify new revenue opportunities.
- Provide daily, weekly and monthly reporting.
- Optimize and expand distribution partnerships.
- Act as overall business development consultant for the hotel.
- Challenge and influence hotel to improve service level and operational standards.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with levels of staff at the client hotel level.
- Go out to look for clients by holding meetings.
- Embed a revenue management culture.
Core Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Oversee revenue management and distribution strategy of the hotel and manage day to day yield operations.
- Daily pick-up analysis, strategy adjustments and reporting.
- Perform competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends.
- Create and maintain a 12 month rolling demand calendar.
- Create and develop pricing strategies in conjunction with the hotel General Manager.
- Provide weekly dynamic forecast of expected results, variances and budget comparisons.
- Manage and oversee strategy implementation.
- Responsible for assessing, analysing and pricing hotel business strategies
- Ensure all sales systems are configured correctly, validated and working to full capacity
- Oversee and audit the standards and operations of the reservations department.
- Ensure web site booking process is maintained up-to-date and functional.
- Ensure sales personnel is fully competent in the use of all systems
- Work in liaison with hotel sales and reservations departments as a team.
- Regularly check the input and the quality of data (segmentation, denials tracking, etc…) points.
- Responsible for best practice standards to include: competitor analysis; environmental scanning; market modeling; distribution yield management; business mix yield management; length of stay yield management; inventory availability by channel; pricing control and new pricing concepts
- Reduce the cost of distribution by finding new less expensive means of delivering business
- Prepare outline for and support the annual revenue budget process.
- Any other reasonable requests made by management.