Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International independent medical humanitarian Organization that delivers aid to
people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from health care. MSF offers assistance
to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
MSF is looking to recruit a suitable candidate for the position below :
Job : Clinical Psychologist
Duty station : Omugo – West Nile
Start of work : January 2020
- Provide psychological care support to patients according to MSF principles, standards and procedures in order to improve the patients’ Mental Health
Main responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Carry out evaluation needs of mental health patients and establish a diagnosis treatment plan.
- Implement the Sexual Gender Based Violence (SGBV) protocol, identifying possible victims of SGBV and refer them to the medical team so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Provide Psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to MSF protocols to improve their mental health condition.
- Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Keeping an emotional distance by ventilating heavy stories
- Keeping an active thinking position
- Discussion on specific cases to adapt work and attitude
- Technical enlightenments on the issues tackled for a better understanding of patients’ needs
- Sharing tools and enhancing team work
- Essential: Degree/ Diploma in Psychology
- Desirable : Clinical psychology
- A valid registration with the AHPC is desirable
- Clinical psychologist
- 2 years of experience
- Experience in providing collective/individual clinical supervision
- Availability to discuss over the phone any emotional/technical emergency
- Team worker, concern for quality and standards,
- Knowledge of the local language is an advantage
- Desirable computer literacy
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates are invited to send their application package ( CV, application letter and copies of their academic / work certificates) to:
Médecins Sans Frontières
Odropi Zone, Charanga Ward TTC, Yumbe
Or by E-mail: email@example.com with Subject ’’Clinical Psychologist’’
Deadline for receiving applications: 27th November 2019 at 17h00
NOTE: The candidature files will not be returned. Only photocopies of important documents should be submitted.
NOTE: Only persons responding to the job profile will be contacted for a written test and/or interview.
No monetary, goods or service offers, nor favoritism, will be tolerated in a recruiting process. MSF reserves the right to refuse any candidate having benefited from such acts. Any illicit solicitations can be reported to the justice system.